Dr Firas Al-Niaimi is a speaker at the SCFSA scientific meeting.
Topic: Cutting edge Photoprotection
Consultant Dermatologist BMI Hendon hospital, London
(MSc in medicine), London(MRCP), (MRCP Derm), (CCST), (EBDV)
BMI Hendon Hospital, London
Global Excellence Award for the title Consultant Dermatologist 2019
Department of Dermatology, University of Aalborg,
Honorary Lecturer and Senior Research Fellow
Consultant Dermatologist (Honorary):
St. John’s Institute of Dermatology, Guy’s and St.
Thomas’ Hospitals, London: Weekly tertiary referral
dermatological laser clinic and Mohs surgery
Dr Firas Al-Niaimi history and accolades
Following my broad experience and training in general and acute medical specialties I spent 18 months as a senior house officer in dermatology in Glasgow prior to my formal 4 years residency training in Manchester, one of the largest dermatology centres in Europe.
During my residency I was trained in all aspects of dermatology and its subspecialties and was actively involved in academic work which led to a large number of presentations and publications.
Subsequent to that I moved to London and did a prestigious one-year fellowship in advanced cutaneous surgery and lasers at the world-renowned St. John’s dermatology institute at Guys’ and St. Thomas’ Hospitals which is the largest Mohs surgery and lasers unit in the UK.
During my fellowship I gained advanced training in skin cancers and Mohs’ micrographic surgery and various reconstructive techniques with flaps and grafts. In addition, I am fully trained on various laser procedures.
I am a well-trained all-rounded dermatologist with great passion and enthusiasm for my specialty and continually pursue knowledge and excellence which was recognised by an award in 2019 from the global excellence award for the title “Consultant Dermatologist of the year 2019 – London”.
- Best speaker at the international annual Syneron-Candela academy meeting in Malaga, Spain, August 2016. (Pearls in vascular laser treatments).
- Runner up (second prize) for best poster at the interventional cosmetics meeting, Royal Society of Medicine (RSM), 2014, London. (Permanent Polyacrylamide subdermal filler for the treatment of Parry-Romberg syndrome).
- American Society of Lasers in Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) preceptorship award 2014. (Main Line Laser Centre in Philadelphia, USA)
- Best oral presentation at the International meeting of Laser Europe (section dermatology) in 2012, London. (Naevus of Ota: Response to treatment with pigment-specific lasers)
- Euroderm excellence travel award 2011, Rome, Italy.
- British Society of Contact Dermatitis 2010 Scholarship for the best submitted abstract to attend the annual meeting of the European Society Contact Dermatitis (ESCD), Strasbourg, France, 2010. (Patch testing for peri-stomal dermatitis: our 10-year experience).
- Best poster at the annual meeting of the British Society of Paediatric Dermatology (BSPD), Leeds, 2009. (A surviving case of Harlequin ichthyosis).
- Top ten abstract September 2008 European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV), Paris, France. (Current epidemiology of zoophilic dermatophytes in Scotland).